Desktop app

How can we improve the Oculus desktop app?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Unknown Source Games Good idea, Bad Implementation!

I am beginning to find more problems then not. The only thing Oculus ever seems to be able to launch right are Non-Steam apps or games! In total I have only had 3 programs actually launch into VR from the auto generated Oculus Home links. Those were Desk Scene, Guardian Boundary Editor and Doom 3 BFG VR Mod. Otherwise for VR all my programs come from Oculus or Steam and I'm betting good money that's mostly true for most users! Then the issue is 90% of my Steam VR games have 2 or 3 launch options, that seem to only…

22 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Unknown Source Games Thumbnails are Not Loading Properly

I started trying to report this 2 weeks ago but have seen no change in the last 3 updates!

I noticed it after customizing the images in the CoreData folder. Unknown source games were not loading my new images right even though most are from r/oculus's bundles made for this. They were all zoomed in ie obviously cropped square images not the intended wide versions.

At first I noticed unknown source games were missing "cover_landscape_image_large.png" and so I reported it here (https://riftcorebeta.uservoice.com/forums/907760-desktop-app/suggestions/32830990-unknown-source-games-currently-missing-cover-land). I have now experimented and seen that not only are they missing "cover_landscape_image_large.png" (and any reference…

20 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Hide and Unhide Games from Installed, Not Installed and Unknown Sources

Allow us to hide games that we don't want to see.
        This is more important now than it was before because even games that aren't installed show up as options for cartridges/boxes in Home which makes scrolling through a huge list a tedious experience.

Allow us to unhide games from Steam.
        Self explanatory. Sometimes i've accidentally removed Steam games and not be able to add them back (ignoring the existence of the Oculus Tray Tool to readd them).

123 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have shipped support for hiding and unhiding applications from your Library and are working on improving the flow for 3rd party applications.

• Improve Steam Library Implementation

Steam games should launch using the their Steam URL (using /othervr if available) so that they can track played time in Steam and show up in Steam Now Playing.

At the moment I have to edit the manifest files to allow this, such as:
          "launchFile":"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\Steam.exe","launchParameters":"steam://launch/218620/vr"

If the above is not viable, allow us to edit the metadata from within the desktop app.

85 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Split Library into Games, Experiences, and Apps

Currently, the 'Library' page just has everything listed in one big scrollable (sortable, but not categorised) list.

I think it would make things easier to find if it was split into 'Games', 'Experiences', and 'Apps' (so 'Updates' would be the FOURTH item along).

51 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added some additional filtering and sorting options to your Library. Check it out and let us know if you have further feedback.

• Translate Desktop App to more Non English languages

One year after Touch Launch, the Desktop app still doesn't support some of the languages with more speakers in the world as Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, ...

You have made a really great work with the update, but the non English Speakers can't enjoy it at 100%. Please, listen the non- english speakers and translate the Desktop App and Dash to those languages. Thank you.

31 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added Beta support across core software, including Dash, Oculus desktop app and Oculus Home, for the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin American), Italian, Norwegian, and Polish.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base